Welcome to omidvaran.org! These terms and conditions outline the rules and regulations for the use of omidvaran.org’s Website, located at https://omidvaran.org. By accessing this website we assume you accept these terms and conditions. Do not continue to use omidvaran.org if you do not agree to take all of the terms and conditions stated on this page. The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements: “Client”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on this website and compliant to the Company’s terms and conditions. “The Company”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to our Company. “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Client and ourselves. All terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Client in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Client’s needs in respect of provision of the Company’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of Netherlands. Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalization and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Manage Your Information
Opt-out of marketing e-mails globally (i.e., across our brands) by clicking on the following link and filling out the form accordingly.
Delete Your Data
Permanently delete your information.
Control Over Your Data
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
Information You Provide to Us
The personal information we collect from, and about, you may vary depending on how you engage with our Services and the information you provide voluntarily. We may collect personal information directly from you or otherwise in connection with your use of the Services, such as:
● Contact Information, including your name, contact details (such as a postal address and email address), event or conference registration and related information (including dietary restrictions or photos and videos taken at events), and communication preferences.
● Inquiry Information, including information provided in messages sent through forms or surveys, to our email addresses, or via phone. This also may include information provided when you sign up for our newsletters.
● Account Information, including name, username, account ID, date of birth, contact information, profile information, saved, “liked,” or bookmarked items (e.g., articles or recipes), payment and purchase history information, subscription information, courses enrolled in and completed, Stock Simulator results, and any other information you provide to us.
● Financial Information, including credit and debit card information, bank account and routing number, and billing and shipping address.
● Demographic Information, including age, gender, race, income, occupation, marital status, and information about your household/family status, including your household size and the length of time at your residence.
● Health- or Fitness-Related Information, including exercise and activity levels, weight-loss objectives, dietary preferences, and other health and wellness information.
● User-Generated Content, including personal information you choose to provide about yourself when you participate in forums or discussions on the Services, post comments or reviews, and participate in any Services. Please be aware that information you post may be viewed, used, or captured by anyone who visits the Services, therefore, you should avoid posting sensitive personal information that you would not want to be available to the public.
● Contest, Sweepstakes, and Survey Information, iAs is true of many digital properties, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information from or in connection with your device when visiting or interacting with our Services, such as the types of information listed below and in the sub-sections here:ncluding information provided when you enter a contest or sweepstakes, information included in any responses submitted through surveys or questionnaires, or the content of any testimonials.
● Inferences About Your Interests, Preferences, and Other Behavioral Data, including hobbies, interests, and characteristics, e.g., your favorite foods, purchases, or recipes, consuming tendencies, and health and fitness information.
Information Automatically Collected
As is true of many digital properties, we and our third-party partners may automatically collect certain information from or in connection with your device when visiting or interacting with our Services, such as the list below and in the sub-sections here:
⠀⠀⠀● Device data, including internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, device type and version, browser type and version, browser id, the URL entered and the referring page/campaign, date/time of visit, other user agent string data, the time spent on our Services, and any errors that may occur during the visit to our Services. Device data may overlap with the other categories of data listed below.
⠀⠀⠀● Analytics data, including the path taken to our Services, through our Services, and when exiting our Services, usage and activity on or in connection with our Services, metrics on how many emails we send are actually opened and which attachments or links are opened, clicked, or viewed (such as via pixels, as described further below).
⠀⠀⠀● Location data, including precise or coarse geographic location we or our third-party providers may collect, such as via permissions within the app operating system or browser functionality.
Note that we and our third-party partners may combine information that each of us collects automatically with other information about you, including information you choose to provide.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
“Do Not Track” Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” (DNT) signal to websites and online services you visit. At this time there is no consensus among industry participants as to the meaning of “Do Not Track” in this context. Like many other websites, our Sites are not configured to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from browsers.
We also obtain personal information from third parties, which we often combine with personal information we collect either automatically or directly from an individual. For example, we may receive the same categories of personal information as described above from the following third parties:
⠀⠀⠀● Other Users who Interact with our Services: We may receive your information from other users who interact with our Services.
⠀⠀⠀● Business Partners: We may receive your information from our business partners, such as companies that offer their products or services on our Services or on other properties (e.g., digital properties, offline locations) or marketing/advertising and analytics partners, including third-party brands/agencies or other partners that facilitate the buying and selling of advertising inventory on our Services, measure of the effectiveness of those related ad campaigns, or inform business analytics (e.g., view rates, bounce rates, audience composition).
⠀⠀⠀● Social Media Networks: When an individual interacts with our Services through various social media networks, such as when someone logs in through a social network, “Likes” us on Facebook, or follows us or shares our content on Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or other social networks, we may receive some information from those social networks including your profile information and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. We use this information to allow you to log into your account, to communicate or interact with individuals on the social network, to better understand the demographics of our visitors, and to personalize content and advertising. Individuals should always review and, if necessary, adjust their privacy settings on third-party websites and social media networks and services before sharing information and/or linking or connecting them to other services.
⠀⠀⠀● Information We Receive From Authentication Services: Some parts of our Service may allow you to login through a third-party social network or authentication service such as Facebook or Google. These services will authenticate the individual’s identity and provide the option to share certain personal information with us, which could include a name, email address, address book and contacts, or other information. The data we receive is dependent on that third party’s policies and the individual’s privacy settings on that third-party digital property. We use this information to authenticate the individual’s account, to provide our Services, to communicate with our users, and for advertising and marketing purposes.
⠀⠀⠀● Service Providers: Our service providers that perform services solely on our behalf, such as payment processors or survey and third parties who conduct marketing/advertising and analytics activities on our behalf, collect personal information and may share some or all of this information with us.
⠀⠀⠀● Information Providers: We may from time to time obtain information from third-party information providers to correct or supplement personal information we collect. For example, we may obtain updated contact information from third-party information providers to reconnect with an individual or obtain demographic information (e.g., interests, preferences).
⠀⠀⠀● Other Sources: We may also collect personal information about individuals that we do not otherwise have from, for example, publicly available sources, third-party data providers, brand partnerships, or through transactions such as mergers and acquisitions.
How Do We Use Personal Information?
We may use your information for various purposes, including:
⠀⠀⠀● To fulfill your requests and provide our Services to you. This includes:
- Making our Services and Dotdash Meredith products and services available to you;
- Coordinating access to your account
- Responding to requests, suggestions, questions, and comments, and providing other types of user support;
- Fulfilling your payments and transactions;
- Sending you service/transaction-related messages, such as changes to your account;
- Saving your reading lists, recipes, or other searches; and
- Communicating about, and administering your participation in, events, conferences, programs, contests, surveys, polls, panels, questionnaires, and other offers or promotions.
⠀⠀⠀● To personalize your experience on our Services: This includes providing you with content or other products or services you might be interested in and de-emphasize content you’ve already read or viewed.
⠀⠀⠀● To communicate with you: For example, we may communicate with you about your account activities, such as by providing you transaction confirmations or alerting you when a subscription is up for renewal. If you register with us, we may enroll you in our email newsletters or other periodic electronic communications and may also send you user surveys and promotional communications. We may communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means. We may use push notifications on Apps to your mobile device. For more information on how to adjust your communications preferences, see “What Controls Do I Have Over My Information?” below.
⠀⠀⠀● To monitor, improve, and develop our products and services: We may use your information to understand our users and to tailor or optimize our Services. For example, we may analyze statistics and trends to make our Services better and to develop or better personalize the Services or new services or features.
⠀⠀⠀● For any other purposes with your consent, at your direction, or where notice is provided: We may use your personal information for any other purposes with your consent, at your direction, or where notice is otherwise provided.
How Do We Share Personal Information?
The personal information we collect from you is used by all the companies and brands in the Dotdash Meredith publishing family. We may also disclose personal information to third parties, including:
- Third Parties At Your Request: You may choose to share your activities on the Services with your friends through email, text, or on various social media networks.
- Promotional partners: We may share information with third parties with whom we partner to provide contests, surveys, and sweepstakes, or other joint promotional activities.
- Marketing and Strategic Business Partners: We may share information with marketing/advertising, analytics, and other business partners (such as those that provide their own products or services on other properties) for purposes such as providing you with information, undertaking marketing/advertising activities about products or services that may interest you, informing business analytics, or for other business or commercial purposes in accordance with their own privacy policies.
- Online Advertising Partners: We may share information with third-party online advertising partners or permit these partners to collect information from you directly on our Services to facilitate online advertising.
- The Public: When you provide feedback or post user content on our Services (e.g., if you post a comment on an article or comment on our social media sites), your information (e.g., your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments) may be displayed on our Services or on our social media pages. When you engage with us on social media, we may tag your social media account or the social media account of others (e.g., to give photo credit to another user).
- Service Providers and Advisors: Personal information may be shared with third-party vendors and other service providers who perform services for us or on our behalf. This may include certain vendors and providers who engage in marketing or advertising activities, analytics, or provide mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfillment, delivery services, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or analytic services.
- Purchasers and Third Parties in Connection With a Business Transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy, or related or similar proceedings.
In connection with any of the above, we may share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you.